Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dimitri Bianco Update

Below is a copy of the letter that has been sent out to my close contacts about what I am doing in regards to Financial Engineering.


Everyone,

            As many of you know after graduating from WSU I have been pursuing a career as a trader on Wall Street. I applied to over 170 jobs and have networked with many people. I learned from many rejections as well as advice from network contacts that I needed more education in financial engineering as Wall Street shifts toward quantitative analysis. I applied to seven schools and have been accepted to the Claremont Graduate University and the University of Michigan. I will be accepting the offer from the University of Michigan and will be starting school July 2nd.

            I would like to give a special thanks to those that wrote recommendation letters; Steve Matthews (family friend and corporate lawyer at PRS), Dr. Donna Paul (my corporate finance professor at WSU), and Dr. Gene Lai (my financial modeling professor at WSU). I would also like to thank Ron Vodika for changing the way I look at life and gaining a desired career; Nathan Soper for giving advice, a job interview, and helping me to create a great resume; Emanuel Derman’s book My Life As A Quant which has motivated me by his life as an example; Fischer Black’s life and ideas as portrayed in the book Fischer Black and the Revolutionary Idea of Finance which has been the most influential source on my outlook of life and education; my parents for a place to stay, a job, and for being my parents; my many networking contacts that have made impressions on me; and last the most important, my wife Arielle for supporting me and motivating me when times looked grim. 

Again thank you to everyone for helping me get to where I am in my journey. I will send out major updates as I progress.



For updates, my thoughts, and research please visit my blog biancomarketresearch.blogspot.com


Sincerely,
Dimitri Bianco


Arielle and myself at WSU.
Special thanks to Matt Holmes for the taking the picture.


Arielle and I are very excited to move to Ann Arbor, Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment