Thursday, November 14, 2013

Job Search - Miami


As many of you know from Facebook I headed to Miami last Friday for an interview. It all started when a recruiter from Burger King contacted me to see if I would be interested in working at Burger King. I had a coffee chat on campus and was very impressed with the people I met. A few weeks later I got a call to set up a first round interview which was a quick behavioral video chat. I passed that and got a second round interview which was an analytical interview. I solved some typical problem solving questions and the interviewer was very nice and friendly. Again this interview was a video chat. I ended up getting a phone call letting me know that I would get a final round in Miami.

I was pretty excited and filled out some basic information so that they could set up my flight and hotel. I flew out Thursday, had interviewing from 9-4:30 on Friday, and then flew home late that night. The final interview process was pretty fun and laid back. The day consisted of a business case game, pitching a 3 minute presentation to the CEO Daniel Schwartz and a few other upper level managers, and speed interviewing. Daniel Schwartz was very nice and entrepreneurial which is rare to see at companies now a days. The speed interviewing was a set of six ten minute interviews with a mix of employees from all different divisions. And before we left, we got a tour of the building.

Me at the Whopper Museum
I was competing with 12 other undergrads and one other masters student all from Ivy League schools. I thought I did pretty well but received a rejection email five days later. The overall Burger King experience was good with the exception of getting a generic rejection email instead of a hand written email or a phone call. Now that it is over I am continuing my long hours of filling out job applications and writing cover letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment